On my old blog I did monthly favorites posts and I really enjoyed them so I thought I would implement that into this new and improved blog. So here are some of the things that I have been loving in the month of October!
1.Fresh Veggies from the garden
Autumn is in full swing now and the last of this years garden has been harvested. The shredded zucchini has been frozen to be used this winter and the sweet potatoes are being gobbled up!
This summer my skin was the worst! Nobody tells you that acne in your 20s is worse than puberty! After letting it breathe most of the summer and really just not being in the mood to do my makeup, I finally had the desire to pick up some new products. These are some of the things I’ve been using regularly:
- Brunch Date eyeshadow palette by Zoella X ColourPop – for such an affordable makeup brand, these shadows are highly pigmented and blend so well.
- ColourPop Brow Boss Gel – 100% a dupe for Glossier boy brow and cheaper!
- Milani 2-in-1 concealer and foundation – Has covered up my acne and hyperpigmentation quite well.
- Milani blush – such a pretty pink for pale skin.
- Becca under-eye brightener – This pink, slightly sparkly cream, makes you look awake even when your running low on sleep!
- Morphe X Jaclyn Hill fluffy brush – great for blending.
- Revolution Pro Oil Control Setting Spray – does the job!
- Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Dark Spot Corrector – Has definitely started to fade some of my acne marks and hyperpigmentation.
3.Peaky Blinders and The Great British Bake Off
I’m a hugeeeee fan of Peaky Blinders and the 5th season came out this month. I’ve only made it a couple episodes in and it is amazing like always. Since I’ll have to wait until next year for the next season, I’m trying to watch it slowly and really savor it!
The Great British Bake Off has been my go to show to put on while I’m editing photos and I have had a LOT of photos to edit lately. I think I’ve watched 3 seasons in the past week and a half. No shame!
Really, I’m into any show that is British. The BBC is gold 🙌🏻
4. The Lunar Phases print at Urban Outfitters
If you didn’t see on my other social media accounts, one of my designs is being sold as wall art at Urban Outfitters! It’s really cool to see your work on a major stores website. Had to pinch myself! Click Here if you want to check it out and possibly purchase it *nudge nudge, wink wink* 😉
6. From my Wardrobe
I have been living in my Old Navy High Rise Power Straight jeans. No joke, I’ve worn them so many times since I got them, I finally just put them in the wash. They don’t bag out like many jeans do, but hold their shape which seems like such a hard thing to find. And they have just the right amount of stretch to be comfortable but also hold you in.
A couple songs that I’ve been playing the past month. Some old, some new!
You know you’re adulting when you start to collect matching dishes. I’ve had quite the hodge podge of dishes the past couple years, but I’ve started to slowly buy matching ones since I moved into my new place. The set I’ve gone with is from the Magnolia collection at Target. I’m a lover of coffee mugs though, so my favorite item I’ve gotten so far is the beautiful matte black latte mugs from the collection.